Isle of Skye Knit World

If an actual local yarn shop (LYS) named Knit World exists, I would be shocked BUT I would gladly tip one of my knitted souvenir hats to them. 😉

My husband started calling all yarn shops 'knit world' while patiently waiting for me to work through my 'knitter's block' at a LYS in San Francisco years ago. The term stuck and became half-joke and half-adventure in finding the next one. As I travel, I always look to take home a souvenir of yarn from a LYS, because let's face it, it's the best souvenir - easy to pack it, can't break it, and whatever you create from it is memorable to the place you found it.

Our recent vacation took us to the Isle of Skye where I found my most remote Knit World to date - Isle of Skye Crafts at Over the Rainbow in Portree. 



You can find the store's Facebook page by clicking here


Added to my yarn stash:
Sirdar Imagination
Moonriver 4

Blend:100% Acrylic 

Ball weight:100g 

Yardage:174y / 160m 

Needle size:6½mm 

Tension:14 stitches, 19 rows to 4 inches / 10 cm on 6½mm needles 

Yarn no.:F061




I am still on a granny square kick, go figure! I love this pillow and couldn't be happier with how it turned out. 


My pillow was influenced by this pattern I found on Ravelry. However, what you see for my pillow is how it looks on both sides; she has two different panels on hers. 

Now what to do with the remaining two skeins of this yarn?? Suggestions??





Comments

You Might Also Like...

WeeBox Subscription from Scotland

San Fernando Cathedral - San Antonio Texas

Universal Yums - Celebrating Greece

WeeBox Love